If you have been injured on the job, you may find that getting compensation for your injuries is not as easy as filing a report with your employer. Unfortunately, the process of filing a workers’ compensation claim can be complicated and can take some time. Avoid the hassle and stress by considering these 5 reasons to hire a workers’ compensation attorney.
- Stress Relief: Working with a workers’ compensation attorney can greatly reduce the stress of your situation. Stressing over the financial impact of your injury can exacerbate your physical injuries and add to the mental or emotional strain you are feeling.
- Legal Knowledge: A workers’ compensation attorney has valuable knowledge of the laws related to workers’ compensation, your legal rights, and your employers responsibilities. Further, an attorney can help navigate complicated and hard to understand forms and contracts.
- Claims Expertise: A workers’ compensation attorney has experience that will put your claim in good hands. An attorney can help you focus your attention where it is most needed, which can speed up the process as you don’t have to worry about figuring out all the who’s, what’s, and why’s of the process on your own.
- Denial Prevention: Sometimes, even the most seemingly straight-forward workers’ compensation claims are denied. This may be due to errors, lack of documentation, or other reasons. A workers’ compensation attorney can help you prevent a denial by ensuring that all documents and requirements are submitted on time, in their entirety. Should your claim be denied, your attorney can also help file an appeal.
- Cost Effective: If you are holding back on hiring a workers’ compensation attorney due to fear of the cost – stop! Most workers’ compensation attorneys operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning that if you do not get compensation, you do not owe your attorney any money.