When your vision is compromised, your entire life can be turned upside down. According to the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), around 2,000 workers in the United States suffer eye injuries each year. Around one-third of those require emergency medical care, and around 100 result in missed time at work.
At the Henderson Work Injury Law Corporation, we understand that an eye injury can have a devastating impact on your work, and your life in general. We help clients who have suffered eye injuries as a result of improper safety gear, improper training, or other workplace hazards. Contact us if you have suffered an eye injury, such as:
- Scraping – Scrapes are one of the most common eye injuries. When something comes into contact with your eye, and you blink or rub your eye, a scrape injury may occur.
- Striking – Particles ejected from machinery or blown into the air can strike your eye causing trauma or bruising.
- Penetration – Sharp objects in contact with your eye can cause penetration injuries. These can result in permanent vision loss.
- Burns – Chemical or thermal burns can cause damage to the eye and surrounding tissue. These are common injuries among welders.
- Eye Diseases – Eye diseases result from contact with bodily fluids, blood, or contamination. Sometimes a simple cough or sneeze can cause infection, or contamination via rubbing your eye with germs on your hand.
If you have suffered any of these eye injuries, contact the Henderson Work Injury Law Corporation to find out if you qualify for a workers’ compensation claim.